Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bye bye baby

packing
Well, hello! It's been a long time since I took a few minutes to sit down and blog. Last I wrote, I had an almost 10 month old baby and was preparing to move to the burbs. As luck would have it, since my last post, I did in fact move to the 'burbs (more about that in my next post) and I now have an almost year old almost-TODDLER who is getting ready for her first birthday! In just 3 weeks to be exact.

The past month has been one of change in my little world. Baby-wise, my little baby is now a little person. We have a routine, and it now includes multiple naps. I am learning her likes (eating cheese) and dislikes (wearing cheese on her head). I am able to communicate with her, and I can’t remember (or imagine) life without her.

checking e-mail
This time a year ago I was as big as a whale, trapped under 600 feet of snow, wondering how I would survive a year in The Shack. Today, I am sitting at my new dining room table (in my very own dining room!), waiting for this little person, who is my daughter and my friend, to wake up from a nap in her spacious room upstairs that has a closet and windows that open and close. The year really flew by.

Now, this little person is standing, bending, squatting, cruising... and taking about 8 steps at a time. My guess is she'll walk soon, but who knows. She's been cruising forever.  I know that walking eventually means running, and I don't do running, so we're in no rush. Did I mention she has her very own baby laptop and baby cellphone? Oh, and she's learning to drive - in style of course!

move outta my way!


last balancing act (aka meal) in The Shack - can you find the 5 mammals in this picture?
fun with cheese
please dad, can I take it off now?



 

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the new spacious homestead! and the little lady again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dining room table!!! How exciting!!! Love the pic up top! She's growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot believe how big she is getting! I love that she loves cheese, you have taught her well! I love your new header, too. We will have to do 1 year pictures, I can't believe how much she has changed.

    ReplyDelete